Tuesday, June 24, 2003

MY DREAM MACHINE IS HERE

Well, I have been a windows user all along. I have used Linux and Solaris as my alternate work desktops. But I never considered Apple Macintosh as my main desktop, the reasons being - lack of applications, and lack of "speed". Well it looks like the time has come.

Apple recently unveiled their PowerMac G5 series of desktops - dubbed as the Fastest Personal Computer available in the world. While people doubt that it is the fastest computer, it certainly is one of the fastest.

Here's my dream PowerMac G5 configuration:

• Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
• 8GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 8x1GB
• 2x250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
• Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)
• Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel) + Apple DVI to ADC Adapter
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Bluetooth Module
• SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English
• Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 Speakers & Monster 2-meter Cable
• AirPort Extreme Base Station (with modem and antenna port)
• APP for Power Mac (w/ or w/o display) - Enrollment Kit

Subtotal $12,632.95

Now, if only I have that much money, ...

Oh, by the way, the new iPod is also here. Along with iChat, iSight, iTunes, iDisk, iSync, Safari (Where is the i in it?), iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie, iCal, the PowerMac G5 (or a PowerBook G5, when it's available) just might make me do the switch, finally.

iMoney, where art thou?

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment