Friday, January 26, 2007

Most Annoying Program Ever

The "Most Annoying Program Ever" award goes to McAfee Security Center. Here are its accomplishments to win this prestigious award:
  • When all I want is an Anti-Virus software, why am I being forced to use Email & IM Protection, Parental Controls, Windows Firewall, Anti-Spyware, System Guard, Identity Protection and hundred other features that I dont need.
  • You know a program is evil when it takes up major percentage of your CPU irrespective of whether you are actually doing anything or not.
  • Why, oh, why does it start a scan of my machine when I have clearly configured it to "never start" a scheduled scan?
  • And why when I decide that I dont need any IM scanning it considers and repeatedly warns every time that "my computer is not protected".
  • When it has 7 (yes, seven) processes running all the time in your system - one of which keeps checking whether there's an update or not every 10 minutes or so.
I can't wait to switch to a Mac which I plan to do this later this year. And if you know or ever meet someone from McAfee, please give them my peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment