Monday, November 19, 2007

What the Fish?

That's what Shah Rukh Khan keeps saying in Om Shanti Om. I caught two-third of the movie this past weekend (why'd I catch only the two-thirds of the movie is left to your imagination).

The movie definitely has its 'What the Fish?' moments like when our star suddenly becomes "reincarnated" and "reborn" into another 'Om'. How he pulls that off is beyond me. But the movie shines on occasions.

Vishal-Shekhar has done an amazing job with the Music. I love the songs - Ajab Si, sung by K. K. and Jag Soona Soona Lage by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Richa Sharma. They both are probably the best melodies I have heard all year from Bollywood. Very well sung and very well scored. I love them and cant stop listening to them. Girls would go ga-ga over Dard-E-Disco and that six-pack abs of SRK. But the most visually appealing song has gotta be Deewangi Deewangi where you have something like 30 Bollywood stars dancing - somehow it feels rich and nostalgic watching Kajol, Karishma & Rekha with SRK.

The movie also has great sets by Sabu Cyril and nice camera work by V. Manikandan. Of course, SRK overacts and Deepika is just there to provide 'color' and Farah Khan is obviously, Farah Khan.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie (or what I saw of it) and love the songs and the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment