Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Dawn of a New Era

Ever since I moved to the US (I landed right in the midst of the Hanging-Chad recount), all I've ever known was Bush Presidency which could be considered one of the worst, if not the worst Presidency in atleast a century. Everything that I have heard and read about America since then - that it is a land of freedom, freedom of expression, freedom to practice any and no religion, freedom to uphold not just what the law says but to do that even in the face of a crisis. But after Iraq War, Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, Illegal Wiretapping, Katrina & the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression, I started to have my doubts.

Then came Obama. While he may not bring any sweeping changes to the US foreign policy, he's a welcome change from the years of Bush & Cheney Presidency. Here's to 8 years of a golden era in the land of Freedom. Go Barack!


For those of you who'd be stuck at work, like me, can watch the Inauguration live here:

1 comment:

  1. Luckily you weren't here for the Jimmy Carter presidency. That was really, really bad.

    ReplyDelete