Wednesday, October 08, 2003

STILL LOOKING FOR MY PERFECT NOTEBOOK

Well, this is an on-going search for a perfect notebook and it seems to go on and on and on... I have been trying to get a notebook computer to replace my 4 year old IBM Thinkpad 380XD for about an year now and I dont seem to get anywhere...

My requrements are very simple:

14.1 - 15.4' Inch TFT Screen with good viewing angle
2 GHz Pentium M Processor or equivalent with 2 MB L2 Cache
Upto 2/4 GB of RAM
60 GB HDD (7200 RPM)
Support for Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11a/b/g.
Top-of-the-line Video Card (ATI Mobility 9600 (64+ MB RAM)
Weighing less than 5 pounds
Battery Life of 5+ hours
Costing about $3000

I dont seem to have much options out there... I liked Thinkpad T40p but it doesn't have a/b/g module yet. I thought I would wait for T41 and it does not seem to have much of new features anyways...

Apparently I am not alone in this search ...

I think I should get this new Apple Powerbook 15". What do you think?

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment