Thursday, April 22, 2004

I HAVE GOT GMAIL

Thanks to Nelson, I have got a GMail account. Though I knew about how effective the mail is. I was blown away by the speed of the browsing through the mails. It's just fast!

And to all those privacy-fearing folks out there, you gotta remember that *all* mails (Yahoo, Hotmail etc) read your mails to check for spam. So, what GMail is doing is not new. And I kinda like it. Say you are sending someone a question about Digital Cameras, it shows a couple of links to Digital Camera Reviews. I think its kinda cool.

Things I like:

1. The keyboard shortcuts are way cool...
2. The arrangement of mails collapsed by "Converstations" is nice and elegant.
3. The search is fast.
4. Labels (replacing folders in traditional mail) are very convenient.

Things that could be improved:

1. UI could be a bit more user friendly
2. Lots of *beta*- looking artifacts - "Loading" text appears every now and then.
3. Some way of personalizing the organization.

Oh, btw, feel free to mail me at BalaPi at GMail dot com

|

No comments:

Post a Comment