Thursday, February 16, 2006

Music Blog Finds

I live and breathe music. I listen to a wide variety - from Tamil Melodies to Western Classic. I have been wanting to put together a list of music blogs that I happen to find. Here they are (all of them are tamil/south indian music sites):

  1. While music artists and their labels in the US are suing their customers for downloading their songs online, it's nice to see an Indian artist, Chinmayi Sripada (who has shot to fame in 2000 by singing many popular south indian movie songs) not only has a blog of her own, but also has put up almost all of her songs online in an audioblog. Wow, just wow...
  2. I always prefer and love local talents. Meera Manohar is a singer from California, US and has a sweet voice and a nice blog. Her songs are all top notch.
  3. Jo is another soulful Malayalam singer from Thrissur, Kerala. His songs are great to listen even though I dunno Malayalam. He also a bunch of links to other music blogs around...

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my name here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!! Thanks much Bala. I appreciate you mentioning my name on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo & Meera,

    You're very welcome. Keep doing what you are doing best. I am happy to have found your blogs...

    Bala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bala,
    So nice of u to have listed my blog url in the Indian Music Blog Directory. Thanks a lot.
    And only after looking at ur profile, did i get to know that we both belong to the same alma mater.
    -Poorni

    ReplyDelete