Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whats on My Tube?

Oh Yes, before we go onto whats on MyTube, YouTube has been acquired by Google for free - yeah really - after acquiring YouTube for $1.65 Billion (in an all-stock deal), Google's stock went up by $3 which increased its worth by $6 Billion and change. Dont ask me how in the world that a diluted stock be worth more... Go figure!

Now onto what's on my tube:

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: Classic Aaron Sorkin show of the The West Wing fame. Very sophisticated with a high power cast - Mathew Perry and Bradley Whitford have great chemistry but the show is very one dimensional. I love the inside jokes and their take on the social issues but Amanda Peet is boring and the show is very predictable. I still like it and I think its got potential.

30 Rock: The other show about a live comedy sketch show thats on NBC. This is much funnier and is short (which is good for a sitcom). Tina Fey is awesome and Tracy Morgan is hilarious. Alec Baldwin is unbelievably clueless and is my favorite character.

The Office is still my favorite television series. It's getting better with every episode.

The Wire is on in HBO. This show is probably the best written television series I have ever seen. The characters are cast to perfection and the stories are told with such a detail. They take on issues that no other television series takes on and they go right to the point - no sugar coating. It's brutally honest about the crime and the problems that come with it in Baltimore.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart & The Colbert Report: I get my television news from these two shows :). Funny and informative at the same time. I watch them every night.

1 comment:

  1. what the hell happened? Woke up from sleep or what?

    ReplyDelete