Monday, September 24, 2007

We won

Alexander Joe/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

In another nail-biting finish, just as I had predicted, the boys lead by Dhoni have won the Inaugaural Twenty20 World Cup and we are now the World Champions of the most exciting version of Cricket. Take that, Australia!

The game itself was as exciting as the entire series, and that's for someone who can't watch it on TV. I followed the indian innings until Dhoni got out and left for work. At work, when I checked the score, Pakistan was 53-3 in about 5 overs but were on a healthy run-rate. And I decided, its better that I don't follow as Indians play well when I dont follow them (I know, its a stupid superstition but any small thing that could help India win was needed - something that was echoed and followed by Deepak). So I checked again in 15 minutes and the match was poised for a cliffhanger. Irfan Pathan was excellent and got some crucial wickets. Misbah-Ul-Haq was the last man standing, needing 13 from the last over, bowled by none other than Joginder Sharma.

wd,0,6,W
- thats how it went. I immediately got a call from my girlfriend and my mom who confirmed what I had seen. I shouted and couldn't stop shouting - and I'm at work, remember? - people here thought I have lost it. :)

Anyways, it's a great day for India and a great day for Dhoni and his boys. Go India!

No comments:

Post a Comment